Acoustic Emission Transducers
Please download our latest transducer datasheet.
DAKEL AE sensors of passive type (without integrated preamplifier with band-pass
characteristics) have generaly a resonant transmission characteristics.
Local minima and maxima which exist in the broad frequency spectrum of a transducer
are bound to the type of transducer casing and geometry and dimensions of used piezoelement.
Lower boundary of the transmission characteristics is approximately 10 kHz,
due to the application of (capacitive) coupling for elimination of pyroelectric effect.
DAKEL sensors can be used up to frequencies of 2.8 MHz. For frequencies above 1 MHz
the transmission characteristic is influenced by the parameters of the used coaxial cable.
"Relative comarative REF05 characteristics" obtained by exciting in the pulser-sensor
system are displayed for individual transduced models.
Transducer REF05 is used as actuator during all measurements.
Exciting is provided by a sinus signal of 1 VRMS.
Acquisition is performed by the DAKEL-XEDO system with input amplifier working in the range of 80 kHz to 750 kHz.
Sensor division according to sensing signal frequency range:
Division of AE sensors according to integrated electronics:
- Low-frequency sensors 0 Hz … 1 kHz
- Mid-frequency sensors 1 kHz … 100 kHz
- High-frequency AE sensors 100 kHz … 2 000 kHz
Sensor division according to operational temperatures:
- Sensors with out integrated electronics
- Sensors with integrated 35 dB pre-amplifier
- Sensors with integrated 35 dB pre-amplifier and swithiching relay for actuator mode
- Combined sensors - containing sensor with integrated 35 dB pre-amplifier and a sensor for measuring in the low-frequency range (0 ... 1 kHz)
Sensor division according to the mechanical endurance of sensor casing and the sealing degree:
- Standard tmperature range: -20°C ... +75°C
- Extended temperature range: -40°C ... +150°C
- High temperature range: +20°C ... +300°C
Sensor division according to the coupling to the measured object:
- Laboratory conditions - sealing degree IP 60
- Industrial operational conditions - sealing degree IP 66
- Hermetic design - sealing degree IP 68
Sensor division according to the contact surface material:
- Direct gluing od the sensor to the surface
- Mechanical holder
- Screwing connection (external or internal threading on the sensor)
- Welded waveguide rod
- Belt-buckle (on a pipeline)
Sensor division according to the type of used piezoceramics:
- Nickel-coated steel
- Stainless steel
- DAK 274
- DAK 432
- DAK 15B
- DAK 191